OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - State Rep. Jay Hughes has officially qualified to run for the office of lieutenant governor, his campaign announced Wednesday.
Wednesday, Jan. 2, marked the start of qualifying for state and county offices.
In May 2018, Hughes announced his intentions to run for the office.
He currently represents District 12 which covers Lafayette County.
He lives in Oxford with his family.
- Lafayette Rep. Jay Hughes qualifies to run for lieutenant governor
- Hosemann, Hughes square off in lieutenant governor debate
- State representative to run for lieutenant governor
- Governor and lieutenant governor call for teacher pay raise
- Lieutenant governor unveils plan to pay for infrastructure
- Secretary of State Hosemann announces bid for lieutenant governor
- Ex-Gov. Musgrove backing Hughes for Lt. governor
- Qualifying ends for Alabama elections
- District attorney to run for Mississippi governor
- Qualifying ends for state, county elections