LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - No one was injured after a stopped school bus was hit from behind by a car on Highway 6 in Lafayette County.
Lafayette County School Superintendent Adam Pugh says the bus had stopped to let a student off when the accident happened sometime near 3:30 p.m. Friday.
He says the lights were active and the stop sign was out. He says there were 10 students on the bus at the time of the accident.
Emergency medical personnel check the students at the scene.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating.
- Lafayette County school bus hit from behind, no injuries reported
- School bus backs into shed, no injuries
- Injury reported in Pontotoc County crash
- No injuries reported in Prentiss County fire
- UPDATE: Injuries reported in Itawamba County wreck
- No serious injuries in Columbus school bus accident
- School bus catches fire in Oxford; no injuries
- Driver dies after hitting school bus in north Mississippi
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Multiple injuries reported in morning accident