LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A response to a domestic disturbance and gunshots led to the arrest of a man for murder in Lafayette County on Friday.
Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to a home on County Road 371, and there they found a female who had been shot and killed, according to Maj. Alan Wilburn with the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators arrested Jimmy Hester, 76, at the scene.
He is charged with the murder of Lou Lou Hester, Wilburn confirmed on Monday.
Hester's bond was set at $200,000.
Editor's Note: This article was updated on June 3 to include the name of the victim.
- Bond set for Lafayette County murder suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- Bond set at $75,000 for Webster County murder suspect
- Judge sets $1 million bond for Tupelo murder suspect
- Judge sets $5 million bond for Baldwyn capital murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect