OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - No injuries were reported following a traffic accident involving two school buses in Lafayette County, according to Trooper Marvin Baird
The accident happened Tuesday afternoon in the area of state Highway 7 South and Highway 9 West.
Accident involving two school buses in the area of MS 7 south and 9W. Please proceed with caution. pic.twitter.com/OtoyvzNEkR
— MHP Batesville (@MHPTroopE) October 22, 2019
The buses belong to the Lafayette County School District.
School Superintendent Adam Pugh said one bus collided with the rear of the other bus.
He said the buses had just started their routes and were full of students.
The buses were traveling at a slow speed and one bus was turning when the accident happened, Pugh said.
The buses did not sustain damage, but a hole had been poked into a radiator.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is expected to release more information soon.
- No injuries in Lafayette County school bus accident
- Lafayette County school bus hit from behind, no injuries reported
- No serious injuries in Columbus school bus accident
- School bus backs into shed, no injuries
- Children not injured in school bus accident
- Fourteen taken to hospital after Winston County school bus accident
- No one hurt in Lee County school bus accident
- Troopers: No injuries in wreck involving Ingomar school bus
- School bus catches fire in Oxford; no injuries
- No injuries in morning school bus collision in Columbus