OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The superintendent of the Lafayette School District has a warning.
This warning comes after someone tried to raise money without telling him or the school district.
According to Adam Pugh, the company named Endzone asked businesses to donate to the athletic department in Lafayette County.
Endzone approached businesses such as banks and security companies.
The only contact on the letter was simply: Emily.
According to Pugh, if the company was raising money for the schools, he knew nothing about it.
Pugh said any legitimate fundraiser would be presented on official letterhead and would have contact information.
- Lafayette County School District warns people about scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Voters approve Lafayette County School District bond
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Prentiss County warns of scam involving eBay
- Monroe County warns of check scam
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam
- Tishomingo County warns of phone scam
- Lee County residents warned about phone scam