HARMONTOWN, Miss. (WTVA) - Lafayette County sheriff's deputies found the body of Alexandria Kostial, 21, of St. Louis, on Saturday morning.
According to a Lafayette County Sheriff's Department news release, law enforcement suspects that foul play was involved.
WMC-TV in Memphis reports she was a student at the University of Mississippi.
Local and state law enforcement agencies are investigating the death.
The University of Mississippi said Kostial was working toward a bachelor's degree in marketing, reports The Associated Press.
Kostial's father, Keith Kostial, posted on Facebook that his daughter had been attending summer school and teaching fitness classes at the university.
He says she graduated from Lindbergh High School in 2016, reports The Associated Press.
- Lafayette County deputies find Ole Miss student's body during routine patrol
- Miss. State, Ole Miss men find out NCAA tournament future
- UPDATE: Sheriff's deputies find missing Clay County woman
- Ole Miss student body leaders condemn hiring process for new chancellor
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Missouri wins over Ole Miss
- Ole Miss students make dresses for girls in need
- Ole Miss to launch new program for international students
- Family of slain Ole Miss student relieved by Wilbanks verdict