OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Lafayette County deputy continues to recover after being hit by a passing car while on traffic duty.
The incident happened Monday morning sometime near 6:00 on Highway 6 East in the westbound lane, just outisde the Oxford city limits.
Lafayette County Investigator Alan Wilburn says the deputy was assiting the Mississippi Highway Patrol with a wreck at the location. The deputy was waving traffic into the other lane, when a car failed to see him and struck him.
The deputy was transported to a local hospital and was released with a broken wrist, bumps and bruises. Wilburn says the deputy will go to the doctor today for further evaluation.
Wilburn says no arrests have been made at this time. The incident is being treated as an accident.
- Lafayette Co. deputy recovering after being struck by car
- Union County deputies recover suspicious ATV
- Deputy recovering after crash; person still wanted
- THS athlete recovering following fatal car wreck
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Starkville
- Pedestrian struck and killed near Pontotoc
- Person struck, killed by train in Nettleton
- Police: Teenager struck by school bus
- Child struck by vehicle in Alcorn County
- Police: Fulton teen struck by dump truck