NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - New Albany Police are looking for a man considered armed and dangerous.
Police Chief Chris Robertson said the suspect, 46-year-old Charles Galloway, was last seen in the Colonial Gardens area of New Albany.
This is another picture of Charles Galloway. | Source: New Albany Police Department
Galloway is believed to be on foot.
The police chief said Galloway is wanted for aggravated assault and kidnapping.
Robertson later confirmed that police responded Thursday morning to a report of a man with a head injury at the hospital in New Albany.
The injured man told police officers that Galloway had been living with him and Galloway was afraid of being kicked out.
Galloway allegedly hit the man in the head with a claw hammer Thursday morning and held the man against his will at knifepoint.
The suspect fled from the home, which is on Shady Grove Road, and the injured man is expected to be OK, the police chief said.
Robertson said the suspect is a convicted felon, has a history of mental instability and is known to carry knives.
The U.S. Marshals Service is assisting in the search for Galloway.
Anyone with information can contact the New Albany Police Department at 662-534-2222 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-773-8477.
- Kidnapping suspect wanted in New Albany, considered armed and dangerous
- UPDATE: Man wanted as fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping, armed robbery
- Starkville police arrest wanted armed robbery suspect
- Mantachie man charged with kidnapping, armed robbery
- UPDATE: 'Armed and dangerous' suspect in custody in Oktibbeha County
- Starkville kidnapping suspect tries jail escape again
- UPDATE: Second suspect hunted for kidnapping
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect
- Kidnapping, assault suspect Charles Galloway in custody
- Two men wanted in Kosciusko armed robbery