WEST POINT, Miss (WTVA) -- West Point Police Chief Avery Cook says they have made an arrest for the burglary of the D&B Pawn Shop.
Police say they have arrested a male juvenile in the case. The burglary happened on Thursday, November 9th.
Cook says officers searched the juvenile's home Wednesday, which turned up some evidence. But no weapons were found. The juvenile was not home when the warrant was served.
The boy's parents turned him into police about 45 minutes after the search was complete. Police had enough evidence from people they interviewed to link him to the burglary.
WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) – The owner of a West Point pawn shop is growing tired of having his store broken into.
On Thursday, November 9, West Point police responded to an alarm call at D&B Pawn Shop.
Police say three men were involved in breaking in but only one of them entered the building. The man was able to steal four Hi-Point pistols.
The store’s owner Charles Shelton says this is not the first time his store has been targeted by burglars. He says no matter how many steps he takes to prevent the break-ins, it still happens.
“It’s disheartening. You know you sacrifice all the time to try and make your place better,” he said. “Of course, I learned in my early life that things like this are supposed to happen because it says it in the Bible.”
Shelton says he reported the stolen guns to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He says he will give a reward, but he is not sure of the amount at the time.
If you have any information into this case, you’re asked to contact West Point police at 662-494-1244 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
- Juvenile arrested following pawn shop burglary
- Booneville police investigating pawn shop burglary
- Police investigate weekend burglary at Oxford pawn shop
- Rewards offered following burglary of City Pawn
- Pawn shop owner tired of break-ins
- Juveniles arrested for auto burglary in Starkville
- West Point police looking for pawn shop burglar
- Juvenile faces auto burglary charge in Starkville
- 3 juveniles charged with Starkville auto burglary
- Juvenile charged in connection to Starkville auto burglary