BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (The Daily Leader) — Jurors in a death penalty trial in Mississippi have seen video of Willie Cory Godbolt in the hours after he was accused of killing eight people including a sheriff’s deputy in 2017.
In one of the videos jurors saw on Sunday, Godbolt is seen and heard saying “I’m completely sorry and heartbroken about that deputy."
Godbolt has pleaded not guilty to four counts of capital murder, four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping and one count of armed robbery.
Jurors also saw cellphone video of Godbolt sitting in handcuffs, bleeding from a gunshot wound to his right arm.
- Jurors see video of Mississippi man charged with killing 8
- Distant jurors to hear trial for 8 killings in Mississippi
- Fifth man charged with link to Mississippi officer's killing
- Jurors begin deliberations in Jessica Chambers case
- Missouri man killed in Mississippi crash
- Jessica Chambers jurors to be pulled from Oktibbeha County
- UPDATE: Oktibbeha jurors selected to hear retrial of Quinton Tellis
- Mississippi man pleads guilty in killing of Catholic nuns
- 1 man killed as small plane crashes in central Mississippi
- Mississippi man gets death sentence for multiple killings