STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A judge says he'll rule later this month on the Starkville mayoral election contest between Mayor Lynn Spruill and challenger Johnny Moore.
Our news partner, the Starkville Daily News, reports that special judge Barry Ford said that a final ruling on the election is expected July 20th.
Tuesday marks a full year since Spruill was sworn in to the city's highest office.
The paper previously reported a total of eight affidavit ballots were in question.
The judge, along with the election commissioners and legal counsels from both sides, will have an additional hearing the day before the ruling.
- Judge to rule on Starkville Mayoral election challenge this month
- Starkville shooting incident ruled accidental
- Judge to make decision on challenged Yalobusha County sheriff election
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Lynn Spruill confirmed mayor of Starkville
- Former Starkville mayoral candidate Johnny Moore dies
- Starkville mayor increases safety in town
- Starkville mayor says police captured shooter, accomplice
- Judge revokes bond for Starkville murder suspect
- Judge dismisses lawsuit challenging voter ID law