PITTSBORO, Miss. (WTVA) - A judge set a bond for an alleged child molester in Calhoun County.
A judge set bond at $150,000 for Jose Rubio.
He is charged with following:
- 1 count of sexual battery
- 1 count of touching a child for lustful purposes
Sheriff Greg Pollan says the alleged incident happened in early December 2018. He says multiple children were involved.
The sheriff believes Rubio fled to Phoenix, Arizona, within hours of a report being filed. He is said to have relatives there.
He was captured there and was returned to Mississippi earlier this week.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has a detainer on Rubio because he is an illegal immigrant, Pollan said.
Rubio is expected to be back in court on Jan. 23.
- Judge sets bond for Calhoun child molestation suspect
- Judge sets $1 million bond for Tupelo murder suspect
- Judge revokes bond for Starkville murder suspect
- Judge revokes bond for shooting suspect
- Judge lowers bond for Itawamba murder suspect
- Judge denies bond for Columbus murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect