FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Bond has been lowered for an Itawamba County man charged with first-degree murder in the death of his wife.
Avery Underwood, 23, remains in the county jail following an arraignment on a grand jury indictment.
Underwood is charged in the death of Destiny Underwood, 19, at their Fulton home on June 5, 2018.
Investigators believe the woman was choked to death during a physical assault.
His bond was originally set at $1 million but a judge lowered the bond to $250,000.
- Judge lowers bond for Itawamba murder suspect
- Judge revokes bond for Starkville murder suspect
- Judge denies bond for Columbus murder suspect
- Itawamba County murder suspect found guilty
- UPDATE: Judge denies bond for Winston County murder suspect
- Judge sets $1 million bond for Tupelo murder suspect
- Judge sets $5 million bond for Baldwyn capital murder suspect
- Judge revokes bond for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect bonds out
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set