WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A judge has denied an appeal bond for a man sentenced to prison in an assault on his wife.
Brian Clark, 38, is serving a 10-year sentence for the attack on Hope Imes Clark, a Starkville dentist.
The Daily Times Leader says Brian Clark asked a circuit court judge to allow him to leave prison on bond while he appealed his conviction.
He offered to give up his passport and pay for an ankle-monitoring device if he was released.
The judge denied the request and Clark is currently being held in the Kemper County Correctional Facility.
- Judge denies appeal request for local inmate
- Federal judge denies dismissal request for Micah Wilbanks
- Memphis' request to remove Confederate statue denied
- Court denies rehearing in sexual battery appeal
- High court denies appeal for Pitchford
- Mississippi man appeals judge's ruling clearing prosecutor
- Distillery looks to state as county denies liquor request
- Court denies man's request to rehear drug case
- Appeal denied in Oktibbeha County sexual battery conviction
- Appeal of life sentences denied by state Supreme Court