COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A circuit court judge has once again denied a request from a former Columbus police officer to dismiss an indictment in the death of a man who ran from a traffic stop.
Judge Lee Coleman issued the order at a hearing Friday morning at the Noxubee County courthouse in Macon.
Shooting scene from October 2015
Canyon Boykin is facing a manslaughter charge in the October 2015 shooting death of Ricky Ball.
Ball ran from the scene of a traffic stop and Boykin says Ball had a gun when he shot him.
Investigators say Boykin fired multiple shots and he did not have his body camera activated during the traffic stop, the chase or the shooting.
Boykin has tried before to have the case dismissed.
No trial date has been set but the trial will take place in Walthall County.
- Judge denies Boykin's request to dismiss manslaughter charge
- Federal judge denies dismissal request for Micah Wilbanks
- Judge denies appeal request for local inmate
- Memphis' request to remove Confederate statue denied
- Judge dismisses lawsuit challenging voter ID law
- Judge dismisses school bus assault lawsuit
- Man charged with manslaughter in Shuqualak shooting
- Student charged with manslaughter in school shooting
- Tupelo police charge man with manslaughter
- Distillery looks to state as county denies liquor request