TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A job fair was held in Tupelo Tuesday specifically to promote the hiring of people with disabilities.
The job fair was hosted by the Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services and the governor's job fair network.
Applicants were encouraged to bring several copies of their resumes.
"What we're wanting to do is find great careers for individuals with disabilities," said Chris Howard, Executive Director of the Mississippi Department of Rehab Services. "We're partnering with employers from across the state. We've got about 24 employers who are going to talk to these individuals and try to find great careers."
The job fair wrapped up near noon.
- Job fair promotes hiring of people with disabilities
- Tupelo Public School District to hold job fair
- Students, recruiters attend job fair at ICC in Belden
- UPDATE: Williams-Sonoma holding job fair to fill positions
- Man charged with abusing disabled woman
- Woman accused of abandoning disabled husband
- Disabled veteran dies following Lowndes County fire
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Columbus close to hiring new school superintendent