TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Police say no one was injured after a Jeep crashed into a Tupelo business.
Sometime near 3 p.m., police say the vehicle tried to turn into the parking lot of U & Me Asian Fusion Restaurant and Grocery on Gloster Street when the vehicle's brakes failed, resulting in the vehicle crashing into the front of the business.
There were two people in the vehicle. The owner of the business was there at the time. No one was hurt.
Tupelo Fire Chief Thomas Walker said they was a good amount of structural damage.
A construction company came out the business to clean up the debris and board up the front until repairs can be made.
The owner hopes repairs can be complete in about a week so they can resume business.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Jeep crashes into front of Tupelo business
- Car damages front of Tupelo gas station
- Tupelo businesses prepare for busy weekend
- Tupelo business burglarized again Thursday
- Equipment stolen from Tupelo business
- Firefighters: Blaze damages Tupelo businesses
- Tupelo police investigating Sunday crash
- Tupelo businesses provide holiday deals for locals
- Phone scam targeting businesses in Tupelo
- Tupelo business hopes to educate about CBD