(WTVA) - A man from Japan died in a two-vehicle wreck Wednesday near Guntown.
Tsutomu Kawakubo, 53, was pronounced dead at 12:46 p.m., confirms Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green.
The wreck happened at Highway 45 and Pratts Road.
Green says Kawakubo was a passenger in the back seat and was ejected on impact.
Toyota Mississippi released a statement:
“On behalf of Toyota Mississippi, we are deeply saddened by the loss of a team member from our Japanese support team. This is a great loss to the Toyota family, and we extend our deepest sympathy to their family members and friends. We are truly saddened by this most unfortunate incident.”
- Japanese man dies in wreck near Guntown
- Troopers respond to Guntown wreck
- ATV wreck injures 2 riders in Guntown
- UPDATE: Several students went to ER after Guntown bus wreck
- UPDATE: Man faces sex crimes in Guntown
- Special football night for Guntown student
- Train cars derail in Guntown, no injuries
- Guntown PTO present check following "Jonah's Day"
- Guntown man sentenced for death of Lynda Pope Reed
- Man working at Pentagon on 9/11 speaks to Guntown students