IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - A corrections officer has been arrested for allegedly bringing contraband into a local jail.
Tishomingo County sheriff’s deputies arrested Rodney Fisher, Jr. on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Sheriff John Daugherty said Fisher had been under investigation for several weeks following reports of someone being paid to bring tobacco and drugs into the jail.
The sheriff said Fisher, 33, of Iuka, was found with contraband when he arrived at work.
Fisher’s employment with the jail has been terminated.
This is still an ongoing investigation and further arrests are pending.
- Jailer accused of bringing contraband into Tishomingo County jail
- Three people face charges for Lee County jail contraband
- Alcorn County correctional officer accused of introducing contraband
- Red Bay man charged with bringing drugs into Tishomingo County jail
- Shooting, standoff send man to jail in Tishomingo County
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Memphis woman accused of bringing weed into Clay County jail
- Tishomingo man accused of destroying cemetery headstones
- Men accused of stealing from Tishomingo County boats
- Iuka man accused of making threats to Tishomingo County officials