JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Thursday’s storms forced the Jackson Zoo to temporarily close to clean up debris and damage.
The animals and staff members are ok, according to the zoo’s Facebook page.
The storm knocked down trees and power lines, leading to Friday’s closure.
However, the zoo confirmed it will reopen on Saturday.
- Storms impact Jackson Zoo
- Atlanta zoo mourns death of tiger on loan from Jackson Zoo
- Joe Jackson, father of Michael Jackson, dies
- Alabama tax deadline extended for people impacted by storms
- Mississippi city's mayor opposes relocating zoo
- President Trump cancels Jackson rally
- Board approves recommendation toward next step for new zoo
- Smithsonian museums, National Zoo close doors due to shutdown
- Teen reported missing found safe in Jackson
- Silver Alert issued for missing Jackson man