TAMPA, Fla. (WTVA) - A federal judge has sentenced an Iuka man to prison in connection with child sex activity.
Clayton Junior Thornburg, 55, was sentenced to 28 years in federal prison for attempting to entice a minor to engage in sexual activity, attempting to transfer obscene material to a minor, transporting child porn and being a registered sex offender who committed another sex offense involving a minor.
He was found guilty on Nov. 7, 2017.
Between August and November 2015, he communicated online with an undercover officer who Thornburg believed was a 13-year-old girl.
He was accused of expressing interesting in having sex with the "child," as well as sending pornographic photos and videos.
He is a convicted sex offender and was on probation for possession of child porn in Illinois at the time of the offenses.
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- Iuka man charged with burglary, grand larceny
- Iuka man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Iuka man charged with possessing stolen property
- Iuka man charged for 2018 burglary
- Man arrested following weekend standoff in Iuka
- Iuka attorney disbarred from practice
- Oxford man charged with child sex crime
- Corinth man charged with child sex crime