IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) – Deputies’ suspicion ends with the arrest of an Iuka man on a drug-related charge.
On Wednesday, Tishomingo County deputies spotted a suspicious vehicle parked in a driveway in the Iuka area.
Deputies learned the vehicle did not belong to the residence by the homeowner. Deputies were able to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle.
The driver and the passenger were asked to step out of the vehicle and a search yielded several bags of alleged meth on the driver.
The driver, 29-year-old Joseph Wigginton of Iuka, was arrested and charged with the felony possession of a controlled substance.
His charge was enhanced due to being within 1,500 feet of Iuka Middle School at the time of being stopped
His bond was set at $3,500. The sheriff’s department says he is currently out on a previous felony drug charge.
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- West Point man faces drug-related charges
- Iuka man faces drug charge in Tishomingo County
- Duo from Burnsville face drug-related charges
- Monroe County men face drug-related charges
- Booneville men face drug-related charges
- Iuka man charged with burglary, grand larceny
- Iuka man charged with possessing stolen property
- Iuka man charged for 2018 burglary
- Shannon man faces drug charges