IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - An Iuka man is charged with illegal gun possession.
According to the Tishomingo County Sheriff’s Department, a gun was reported stolen from a residence in the area of County Road 172 in Iuka.
Deputies received information about the possible suspects.
Later that day, deputies saw a person fitting the description of one of the individuals.
Officers say the person fled on foot and went into a nearby wooded area. Deputies were unable to locate the person.
However, deputies did locate the reported stolen gun and some other items of evidence. They believed the items belonged to the person who fled.
The next day, officers located the person they believed fled from them.
The man was identified as Jeremy W. Rice, 39. He was charged with possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm by a felon.
He is currently on probation with the Mississippi Department of Corrections, officers say.
- Iuka man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Iuka man charged with possessing stolen property
- Oxford police arrest man for illegal gun possession
- Police: Oxford man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Police charge Booneville man with illegal gun possession
- Houston woman arrested for illegal drug possession
- Man charged with illegal possession of firearm
- Man arrested for illegal drug possession in Itawamba County
- Man arrested following weekend standoff in Iuka
- Mother of shooting suspect charged with illegal gun possession