IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - An elderly man died Monday morning in a house fire near Iuka.
The fire happened on County Road 439.
Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon identified the man as William Clarence Gentry, Jr., 89.
Wilemon said a neighbor saw smoke coming from Gentry's home at approximately 7:00.
The house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. Once inside, they found Gentry near the front door, said the coroner.
This marks the second fire death in the county in less than three weeks.
RELATED: Woman killed in Tishomingo fire
- Another fire turns fatal in Tishomingo County
- Fatal Tishomingo County wreck under investigation
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Tishomingo County drug investigation turns up stolen vehicle
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- Home burns in Tishomingo County fire
- Coroner: 1 killed in Tishomingo County fire
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: Electric issue likely cause of Tishomingo County plant fire
- Mower taken from Tishomingo County business