It's like a pre-game celebration for Halloween. Today is National Pumpkin Day!
Pumpkins are a very flexible fruit, used to make pies, cookies, bars, coffee, cheesecake, pasta and oatmeal.
Of course, pumpkin spice is a popular flavor loved by millions around the U.S.
In addition to its edibility, pumpkins are also fun for families to carve and decorate for trick-or-treaters.
The U.S. produces 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkins in total – with Illinois making the most.
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- Bed Bath & Beyond pulls pumpkins over blackface complaints
- National Signing Day (Feb. 7, 2018)
- Students participate in National Walk to School Day
- Starbucks releases Pumpkin Spice Latte early: Here's when you can get it!
- Starbucks is adding a new pumpkin spice drink to its fall menu
- This record-breaking pumpkin is heavier than a small car and big enough to fit inside
- How do you update a beloved pumpkin pie recipe? Less sugar and more spice
- He grew a 910-pound pumpkin and then used it as a boat
- Four-day long Bible reading leads up to National Day of Prayer