It's like a pre-game celebration for Halloween. Today is National Pumpkin Day!
Pumpkins are a very flexible fruit, used to make pies, cookies, bars, coffee, cheesecake, pasta and oatmeal.
Of course, pumpkin spice is a popular flavor loved by millions around the U.S.
In addition to its edibility, pumpkins are also fun for families to carve and decorate for trick-or-treaters.
The U.S. produces 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkins in total – with Illinois making the most.
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- National Signing Day (Feb. 7, 2018)
- Starbucks releases Pumpkin Spice Latte early: Here's when you can get it!
- Four-day long Bible reading leads up to National Day of Prayer
- Royal baby: It's a boy for Kate on England's national day
- Nearly 475 tons of prescription drugs collected on National Take Back Day
- Mississippi 4-H team wins at national event
- National fraternity closes longstanding Ole Miss chapter
- National, world crisis hits close to home
- Local National Guardsmen to deploy Monday