DORSEY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Itawamba County School District will vote on March 2 to move students in seventh and eighth grades at Dorsey Attendance Center and Fairview Attendance Center to Itawamba Attendance Center.
Superintendent Trae Wiygul said that financially, the district needs to make a change and this move could result in savings north of $300,000.
Over a hundred community members gathered at a meeting in Dorsey on Tuesday to listen to the changes and hear the administration's reasoning.
Wiygul said the students would be welcomed with open arms to their new home and teachers at the schools would be retained.
The School Board will meet on Monday, March 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- Itawamba school board to vote on moving junior high students from two schools
- Itawamba school board votes to send some Dorsey, Fairview students elsewhere
- State board votes to designate Hunt High School as landmark
- School board members tour Partnership School
- Itawamba County School Sup. Michael Nanney to resign
- Wiygul named new superintendent for Itawamba County School District
- Okolona native introduces Junior NBA to students
- Mississippi high school student arrested after threat
- Amory students clean up, enhance high school
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal