FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A jury has found Jimmy Carpenter guilty of murdering an elderly woman in 2015.
The trial began Monday and the verdict was reached Friday morning.
He was on trial for the death of Sharon Johnson, 65, in August 2015.
Investigators said Carpenter was the disabled woman’s caregiver.
Johnson was stabbed multiple times and her throat was slit in her home on Mt. Gilead Road.
He was sentenced to life without parole as a habitual offender.
- Itawamba County murder suspect found guilty
- Judge lowers bond for Itawamba murder suspect
- Murder trial continues in Itawamba County
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Truck found in Itawamba creek, 2 dead
- Capital murder suspect found guilty, sentenced to life in prison
- Man charged with murder after Itawamba County shooting
- Trial begins in Itawamba County for 2015 murder
- Missing Itawamba County teen found, man in jail