UPDATED on 07/29/18 at 3:22 p.m.: Paula Spencer was found before 9:00 Sunday morning and she is okay according to Sheriff Chris Dickinson.
He says it appears Jerred Spencer hit her. Jerred was captured that afternoon in Tishomingo County and will be transported to the Itawamba County jail according to Dickinson.
See the original post below.
ITAWAMBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA)- The Itawamba County Sheriff's Department is looking for help to locate a woman abducted from her home Sunday morning, according to Sheriff Chris Dickinson.
Sheriff Dickinson says his office received a call around 4 a.m. from an alarm company, notifying them of a break-in on Dulaney Road. That's north of Fulton.
Dispatch 911 heard 51-year-old Paula Spencer screaming for help when the phone cut off, according to authorities.
When deputies arrived, they found her back door kicked open, but no one was home.
Dickinson says deputies found her ex-husband, Jerred Spencer’s truck at the home. However, her white Volkswagen Jetta was gone.
The sheriff believes the two are traveling in it.
Authorities say they have pinged her cell phone, but have been unsuccessful in locating the two.
Paula Spencer is 5 foot, 5 inches tall and she weighs around 170 pounds. She had blonde hair and blue eyes.
Jerred Spencer, pictured below, should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information should call the Itawamba County Sheriff Department at (662) 862-3401 or 911 in their area.
- UPDATE: Itawamba Co. Sheriff: abducted woman found safe
- Missing Itawamba County teen found safe
- UPDATE: Starkville woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Byhalia woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe woman found safe
- UPDATE: Tupelo teen found safe
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe