COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Investigators are connecting three men with a series of burglaries and thefts in Lowndes County.
The crimes recently happened north of Columbus, in the area of Sherwood Drive, Maid Marion Circle, and Robin Hood Circle, according to Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge.
The thieves managed to steal guns from vehicles and take a Honda SUV from a home on Sherwood Drive.
Columbus police officers saw the stolen Honda SUV on Wednesday.
The sheriff says two people in the SUV fled, but officers arrested the third person.
Investigators managed to recover some of the stolen items and the Honda SUV.
They also found another vehicle that had been stolen from east Columbus, and they uncovered a plot to steal another vehicle, Arledge said.
The sheriff identified the three suspects as Monroe Richards Jr., 19; Tavion Drungo, 19; and Jeremiah Payne, 20, all of Columbus.
Richards and Drungo each face one count of felony taking of a motor vehicle, four counts of auto burglary, and one count of possession of a stolen firearm.
Richards also faces one count of possession of stolen property.
Investigators charged Payne with one count of conspiracy to commit a crime
The sheriff said more arrests are expected.
- Investigators arrest trio for Lowndes County thefts, burglaries
- Investigators connect fourth person to Lowndes County burglaries, thefts
- Aberdeen trio arrested for home burglary
- Trio arrested for Alcorn County home burglary, robbery
- Investigators ask for help to identify Lowndes County burglary suspect
- UPDATE: One Man Arrested in Trio Home Burglary
- Trio arrested in Pontotoc County during human trafficking investigation
- Woman charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Duo charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Woman arrested for vehicle theft in Lowndes County