COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is accused of shooting toward a church in Lowndes County.
Caledonia's town marshal arrested James Taylor, 22, of Caledonia, on Saturday.
According to Lowndes County Investigator Darrell Nabors, Taylor was driving recklessly in the parking lot of Antioch Baptist Church, which is on Highway 45.
The church’s pastor approached Taylor, who then drove onto the roadway in front of the church, according to Nabors.
Taylor allegedly fired one shot in the direction of the church and fled.
Law enforcement was able to pull Taylor over and found a gun and a spent shell casing inside the vehicle.
Taylor has been charged with attempted aggravated assault.
- Investigator: Caledonia man fires shot toward church
- CORRECTION: Caledonia man not arrested
- Coroner: Accident kills Caledonia man
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Caledonia student
- Belden church fire under investigation
- Florida woman charged for Caledonia auto burglary
- Caledonia student arrested for gun possession
- Caledonia student arrested for shooting threat
- California lions find sanctuary in Caledonia
- Monroe Coroner: Caledonia man died from multiple gunshot wounds