WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A second inmate has died in the Golden Triangle.
Clay County Coroner Alvin Carter Jr. says an inmate was found unresponsive Friday morning at 7:50 and died in the Clay County jail.
He identified the inmate as Dale O’Neal, 54.
An autopsy will be performed to officially determine the cause of death.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation (MBI) is conducting an investigation into the death.
MBI is also investigating the death of an inmate in nearby Lowndes County.
- Investigation underway into death of Clay County inmate
- Inmate accused of killing Clay County cellmate
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Arson investigation underway at Winston County church
- Search underway for Hinds County inmate discovered missing
- Clay County collision kills one
- Clay County investigators search for fourth robbery suspect
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Clay County inmate pleads not guilty to murder, judge orders mental exam
- Police investigate Tupelo death