ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Aberdeen School District Superintendent Jeff Clay confirms an investigation is underway into a school resource officer.
He would not discuss it further stating it was a personnel matter.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said the officer is on paid leave, but he referred further questions to the school district.
The officer’s salary is paid by the school district, although the officer works for the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is assisting with the investigation, according to MBI spokesman Johnny Poulos.
He could not provide further information.
- Investigation underway into Aberdeen school resource officer
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- UPDATE: Aberdeen police investigating school threat
- Evacuation issued at Aberdeen school, investigation ongoing
- Aberdeen police officer in jail for assault
- Lawsuit settled over Aberdeen police officer's firing
- Investigation underway into Mooreville school threat
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen