GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) -- The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is looking into a deputy-involved shooting over the weekend in Grenada County.
Sheriff Alton Strider says Robert Salley, 44, of Gore Springs is currently in the Grenada County jail following his arrest.
Salley is accused of leading law enforcement on a high-speed chase that started in Webster County Saturday afternoon.
It started at a checkpoint when Salley broke through and ended on Pleasant Grove Road.
Strider says a Webster County deputy shot Salley in the shoulder during the pursuit.
Charges are still pending against Strider.
- Investigation underway following deputy-involved shooting
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tishomingo County
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation
- Mississippi authorities investigate fatal shooting by deputy
- Suspect in hospital after deputy-involved chase, shooting
- More details emerge in charge, deputy-involved shooting
- Mother speaks on son in deputy-involved chase, shooting
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Calhoun County