WREN, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County’s coroner confirms a Caledonia man died from multiple gunshot wounds.
Coroner Alan Gurley says an autopsy was performed Monday on the body of William Elliott, 36.
Authorities found Elliott dead on Aug. 9 at a home on U.S. Highway 45 between Wren and Aberdeen.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation are investigating the death.
WTVA has reached out to both law enforcement agencies for any new information.
MBI spokesman John Poulos says the investigation is ongoing and information has been forwarded to the office of District Attorney John Weddle.
Poulos says MBI is not releasing further information at this time.
- Monroe Coroner: Caledonia man died from multiple gunshot wounds
- Coroner: Autopsy shows Plantersville man died from gunshot wounds
- CORRECTION: Caledonia man not arrested
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- Sheriff: Teenager wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Investigator: Caledonia man fires shot toward church
- Tupelo death caused by gunshot wound, murder arrest made
- Man charged with wounding nephew in Monroe County
- Man charged with multiple sex crimes in Monroe County