WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) – Other arrests are expected in an armed robbery case in West Point.
West Point police say the incident happened New Year’s Day sometime near 1:40 a.m. on Avalon Street.
When officers got there, they made contact with a man and a boy who were robbed at gunpoint. Police say the man was pulled from the driver-side of a vehicle and was assaulted several times with a handgun while the suspect demanded money.
The boy got out of the vehicle but was attacked and held down by another unknown suspect.
Police say both suspects were wearing masks and fled the scene in a silver Nissan Maxima after taking $100 from the man.
On January 4, police arrested Andre Lane for armed robbery. He later bonded out on a $50,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Investigation continues into West Point armed robbery
- Investigation continues into West Point shooting
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- Booneville police investigate armed robbery at KFC
- Tupelo police investigating weekend armed robbery
- West Point man missing; family continue searching
- Police continue search for West Point shooter
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- West Point police investigating restaurant bomb threat