JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Public Safey (DPS) announced Monday it has ordered an "aggressive internal investigation into allegations of mistreatment of cadets in MHP Class 62 by MHP personnel."
No specific information was released concerning these allegations.
DPS Commissioner Marshall Fisher stated, "These are very serious allegations that will not be tolerated in any form and any personnel found to have committed any act of misconduct will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law."
DPS says Class 62 is scheduled to graduate on March 6.
- Investigation begins into allegations of MHP cadet mistreatment
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- MHP to begin Christmas enforcement period
- MHP begins campaign to reduce fatalities
- MHP begins July 4th enforcement period
- MHP investigates fatal two car wreck
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County
- MHP to begin New Year's enforcement period Friday
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday