FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman received minor injuries during a collision in Itawamba County that involved a state trooper.
According to Cpl. Jason Roe of the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the two-vehicle accident happened Tuesday night on Interstate 22 near Fulton.
Roe said it appeared the trooper was on routine patrol, traveling eastbound, when he was hit head-on by a van that was traveling west in the eastbound lane.
An ambulance took the female driver of the van to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Roe said the trooper was not hurt.
- Interstate collision injures woman in Itawamba County
- Interstate collision kills man in Marion County, Alabama
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Two seriously injured in Winston County collision
- Lee County collision seriously injures tractor driver
- Lowndes County collision injures two people
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Woman arrested for Itawamba home burglary