Latest Update 07/19/18 1:35 a.m. - Tupelo Police confirm all lanes are now clear on I-22 at the site of Wednesday morning's spill.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss (WTVA) -- Detours have been set on on Interstate 22 in Tupelo after an 18-wheeler carrying corn syrup overturned this morning.
The accident happened near the McCullough Boulevard exit.
Capt. Chuck McDougald says eastbound traffic is being diverted at the Sherman exit.
One westbound lane remains open.
The driver of the truck was taken to the hospital with what appears to be non-life threatening injuries.
McDougald says they are not sure how long it will take to clear the truck and syrup.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation says one lane is expected to reopen this afternoon. The second lane may be closed into tomorrow as the syrup is removed from the roadway, shoulders and ditches.
- UPDATE: All lanes clear after I-22 spill
- UPDATE: Both lanes reopen on eastbound I-22 after 18-wheeler wreck
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- UPDATE: One dead in I-22 crash near Fulton
- UPDATE: Georgia man dies after I-22 collision in Tupelo
- UPDATE: I-22 traffic moving again near Tremont after wreck
- UPDATE: 18-wheeler wreck caused delays on I-22 in Tupelo
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22