FORREST COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Officers were able to capture an inmate who failed to return to the Forrest County Community Work Center.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections identifies the man as 42-year-old James Robert Keel. MDOC says he did not return to the center Monday following a weekend pass.
He was arrested without incident Tuesday in the Water Valley area and is being returned to prison.
He is serving 20 years for conspiracy to commit a crime and 10 years' probation for selling meth in Yalobusha County.
- UPDATE: Missing inmate captured in Water Valley area
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- Escaped Tennessee inmate captured after 5-day manhunt
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Water Valley hiring police officers
- Crash kills Water Valley man