Update 01/07/19 5:49 p.m.
MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Noxubee County sheriff says the inmate who escaped Monday afternoon from the county jail is back behind bars.
Bullet holes in windshield of truck driven by jail escapee (Sheriff Terry Grassaree)
Sheriff Terry Grassaree says the inmate, Terry Pierce, was arrested in Scooba in under an hour.
Pierce, who was serving time for aggravated assault, is accused of jumping a fence at the jail and stealing a truck. That truck wrecked in nearby Kemper County.
According to the sheriff, Pierce fired at deputies, and they returned fire. No one was wounded.
Pierce was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
See the original post below.
MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement officers are currently searching for a jail escapee in Noxubee County.
Sheriff Terry Grassaree says the inmate escaped from the correctional facility sometime near 4 p.m.
The sheriff says he’s working to get the inmate’s name, description and possibly a photo.
The jail is located at 103 Industrial Park Road in Macon.
If you have any information, you’re urged to call 911.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate caught
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- UPDATE: One out of two Noxubee County inmates surrender after escaping
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center