HAMILTON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 61-year-old old inmate has escaped from Alabama's prison for elderly and sick prisoners.
A statement from the Department of Corrections say David Curtis Wood was wearing only white boxer shorts when he fled the Hamilton Aged and Infirmed Center on Monday morning.
The medium-security prison in northwestern Alabama is reserved for inmates who are elderly or have special medical needs.
Wood is serving a life sentence for burglary. He was sentenced in Mobile County in 1994.
- Inmate escapes from Alabama prison for elderly and sick
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- Lockdown ordered in state prison system after inmate escapes
- Two inmates with local connections escape from state prison
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- Alabama man convicted of sex trafficking escapes prison
- THE MIKE FILES: How do inmates escape?
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured