JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - An inmate formerly sentenced in Lowndes and Winston counties has died after collapsing in prison.
According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections, Terry Dora, 39, was pronounced dead Tuesday, March 13, at the Greene County Hospital in Leakesville.
MDOC says he died after collapsing in his housing area at the South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Greene County.
He was serving 82 years for three cocaine convictions.
He was sentenced in 1997 in Lowndes County, in 2001 in Winston County and 2004 in Lowndes County, all cocaine related.
The death is under investigation.
- Inmate collapses in prison, later dies
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- State locked down prisons after inmate died in disturbance
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- 14th MDOC inmate dies in August
- Coroner: Parchman inmate dies of natural causes
- Alabama attorney dies days after collapsing in courtroom