MERIDIAN, Miss. (AP) — An inmate in a privately-run Mississippi prison has died after he was found hanged in his cell.
Lauderdale County Coroner Clayton Cobler tells news outlets that guards at East Mississippi Correctional Facility found the 34-year-old man Thursday evening. Guards tried to resuscitate the inmate before he was taken a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Cobler didn't immediately identify the inmate. He says the inmate's body was taken to the state crime lab in Pearl for an autopsy.
The prison just west of Meridian is operated by Utah-based Management and Training Corp.
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- Inmate dies at privately run prison in north Mississippi
- Coroner: Inmate dies, found hanging at a Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Inmate collapses in prison, later dies
- State inmate dies at south Mississippi hospital
- Private company identifies dead Marshall County inmate
- Edgar Ray Killen dies in Mississippi prison