YALOBUSHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement has found an inmate who escaped from a truck as it was traveling along Interstate 55 in Yalobusha County.
Rodger Haven was discovered around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in a ditch along the interstate south of Oakland not far from where he escaped.
Tallahatchie County Sheriff William Brewer Jr. says Haven jumped out of the truck around 7:45 p.m. Monday in shackles while it was going 70 miles an hour.
The suspect was being taken to Tallahatchie County from Pearl River County when the escape happened.
Brewer says his department had been searching for Haven for 9 months on multiple felony warrants. The sheriff adds that the inmate was being sought in part because he had failed to appear in drug court.
Haven was last reported in good condition at a local hospital, but he is expected to be charged with felony escape once he is released.
- Inmate found nearly 24 hours after escape in Yalobusha County
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- Five arrested for drugs in Yalobusha County
- 3 face felony charges in Yalobusha County
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- THE MIKE FILES: How do inmates escape?
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate