WEIR, Miss. (WTVA) - Choctaw County authorities investigate the death of an infant during the weekend.
Choctaw County Sheriff Cloyd Halford says an infant died Sunday night.
Deputies were called to an address of where a family reunion was happening in Weir around 9:30 p.m.
The body was turned over to the coroner, and they are awaiting autopsy results before further action is taken.
That is all Halford would release at this time.
Stay with WTVA as this story develops.
- Infant death reported in Choctaw County
- THE MIKE FILES: Death in Choctaw County
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Man's death under investigation following Choctaw County crash
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- Choctaw County crash kills Eupora man
- UPDATE: Power restored in Choctaw County
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- Rumored school threat turns false in Choctaw County
- National Guard send off dinner held in Choctaw County