MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man took his own life while law enforcement officers in Monroe County went to serve him a warrant.
This happened Thursday morning in Wren.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell is not releasing the man’s name but says the man was a deacon of a church and the warrant was for sexual battery.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has been called to look into the incident.
WTVA normally does not report suicides. However, this one is being reported due to the circumstances surrounding the death.
- Incident ruled suicide in Monroe County
- Starkville shooting incident ruled accidental
- Monroe County authorities investigate two separate shooting incidents
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- 12-year-old boy dies following drowning incident in Monroe County
- Death of Columbus man ruled a suicide
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County