(WDIV/NBC News) - A Michigan man is lucky to be alive after a steel beam crashed through his front windshield.
Johnnie Lowe, a father of three, thought his life was over when the steel beam came loose from the truck in front of him.
Lowe was driving a 26-foot box truck to Lansing on Thursday to pick up auto parts for DNC Logistics. He said a flatbed truck changed lanes when the steel beam fell off and hit the freeway.
“When it bounced, saw it was steel and said, ‘This is going down,’ braced myself,” he said.
The steel beam stopped inches from his chest.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39HK267
- MUST-SEE: "I'm one lucky man" - Steering wheel stops steel beam
- Ford recalls almost 1.4M cars; steering wheel can come loose
- GM and Honda unveil self-driving car with no steering wheel or pedals
- Steel Dynamics to expand Columbus steel mill
- Operation Triple Beam works to reduce crime in the Golden Triangle, almost 150 arrests made
- Sheriff: Stop Stealing Stop Signs
- Traffic stop turns up methamphetamine, man arrested
- Police: Stolen firearm found during traffic stop
- Runner raising money stops in Mississippi
- Clay County traffic stop nets four arrests