UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - About a dozen people are in federal custody following their arrests by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE).
A spokesman for ICE confirms the arrests happened Saturday, June 16, at various locations in Union County.
The federal agency says those involved were arrested for other criminal charges when their immigration statuses were soon discovered.
No names were provided.
ICE says these arrests came on the heels of leads or local arrests.
The people are accused of being illegal aliens.
They will go before a federal immigration judge. The judge can decide if they can stay in the United States or be deported.
- ICE involved in Union County arrests
- Three drug arrests made in Union County
- Fire damages Union County home
- Body found In Union County
- Fire destroys Union County home
- Two arrested in Union County on drug charges
- UPDATE: 4 arrested in Union County home burglary
- Man arrested for high speed chase in Union County
- Arrest made in Tishomingo County officer-involved shooting
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest