MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man’s arrest in Monroe County caught the attention of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Roberto Quinto Romero, 51, was arrested Saturday following a family disturbance. He is currently in the Monroe County jail waiting to be picked up by ICE agents.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says after the arrest, Romero provided fake social security numbers and names, which caused investigators to dig deeper to learn his identity.
Cantrell said a call to ICE cleared things up.
“I’m sure at some point he’s going to be deported back to Mexico,” Cantrell said. “The way we understand it, he’s in a lot of trouble there.”
Romero is accused of throwing a child against a wall at a home on Rainbow Drive. Cantrell says Romero had about $2,400 in cash and what appears to be an expired work card.
- ICE agents to pick up Monroe County prisoner
- Monroe County awaiting declaration before tornado debris pick-up
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Drug arrests made in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- Monroe County road work begins Monday
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators