SHERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) – Two motorcyclists were injured after colliding with one another on Interstate 22 in Sherman.
This happened Thursday evening in the eastbound lane.
Sherman Police Chief Joel Spellins says an 18-wheeler passed in front of three motorcyclists. This caused the first motorcycle to halt, causing a domino effect with the two other motorcyclists.
A car was behind the motorcyclists. Spellins says the car slammed on its brakes, causing an SUV behind the car to swerve. The SUV swerved into the median.
The police chief says two motorcyclists were taken by ambulance to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with severe injuries.
The driver of the SUV is okay.
This caused traffic to slow down to one lane.
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- Early morning wreck injures 2 on I-22 near Peppertown
- I-22 wreck impacts traffic, injuries reported
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- UPDATE: I-22 traffic moving again near Tremont after wreck
- UPDATE: Both lanes reopen on eastbound I-22 after 18-wheeler wreck
- UPDATE: 18-wheeler wreck caused delays on I-22 in Tupelo
- Troopers respond to 18-wheeler wreck on I-22 near New Albany
- AL troopers identify motorcyclist killed in wreck